1. Go to Contacts > Search on the main navigation menu.
2. Select your search criteria in one or more fields.
3. Click the Search Contacts button to begin your search.
4. A View Contacts screen will open listing the Contacts who fit your search criteria.
5. To save the search to use at a later time, click the Save as List link on the toolbar.
•Email (Use * to wildcard match)
•Zip (Use * to wildcard match)
•Subscriptions Status (All, Active, Deactivated)
•Engagement Status (All, Engaged, UnEngagaged, Custom)
•Lists (select 1 or more lists)
•Enroll Method (Sign Up Form, Public Form, API, Imported, User Form)
•Deactivation Reason (Unsubscribed, Complained, Bounced, Manually Deactivated)
•Last Sent Date
•Last Open Date
•Last Click Date
•Best Open Time
•Best Click Time
•Email Domain (i.e. “gmail.com”)
•Custom Fields (Additionally, you can search values within a Custom Field)
Searching can be a very powerful tool for list hygiene.
For example, let’s say that you want to deactivate all contacts who have never opened any emails and exclude contacts who signed up in the last year.
•Select Subscription Status “Active”
•Select Last Open Date “Never Opened”
•Select Enroll Date “to” as 1 year ago
•Select Search Contacts
In the Contact view, you can now “Select All” and deactivate.